Challenge Pit

This is not what I think but why

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Philip Roth Society/ Philip Roth Studies

Sheila has signed me as a member of the society and asked for a year membership of Philip Roth Studies. Thank you Sheila. Guess I'll be able to do better with regard to the knowledge I'll gather being in the circle.
By the way, Coetzee's Disgrace gripped me for a time again, amazed to see so many thematic similarities between The Human Stain and Disgrace; that a university professor is brought down to a dogman role: collapse of cultural monsters not for a flaw but due to the society's decadence. Now Sebald's Austerlitz is on me. It's an un-put-down-able book after you reach almost half way through the book, say page 210 on.
Today I bought three books by Freud: Interpretations of Dreams (two vollumes) and Beyond Pleasure Principle. But will not touch them before summer. Should first read A Life in Four Books (Alasdair), and Conrad's The Secret Agent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home